It is only from the 5th Fructidor of the year 3 that this town has its actual name, before that it had the name of St Germain de Berbiguières, the castle they depended on.
In 1842 its population consisted of 550 inhabitants. Many of them gathered in a big borough typical of the middle-ages. Its narrow and tortuous alley-ways called "carreyrous"came out on a rectangular place surrounded by secular houses.
The neo-roman church dates from the XIXth century.